Strani v okviru teme:   < [1 2]
Poll: On a 1-10 scale rate your current satisfaction with the translation industry
Sledi avtorju: ProZ.com Staff
Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
Francija
Local time: 00:32
francoščina - angleščina
. Mar 14

First off, I persist in saying I don't work in an industry but a profession. I am not a manufacturer. I do realise that people use "industry" nowadays to designate a field, to the point that I've seen people mentioning horrors such as the "childcare industry" and "healthcare industries" but I don't like the insinuation that I churn out translations like I'm in some sweatshop.

Having just lost one of my favourite clients because they are now bound by an exclusive contract the higher
... See more
First off, I persist in saying I don't work in an industry but a profession. I am not a manufacturer. I do realise that people use "industry" nowadays to designate a field, to the point that I've seen people mentioning horrors such as the "childcare industry" and "healthcare industries" but I don't like the insinuation that I churn out translations like I'm in some sweatshop.

Having just lost one of my favourite clients because they are now bound by an exclusive contract the higher-ups signed with a big anonymous agency, I'm feeling rather peeved so I only voted 4-5.
Collapse

Christopher Schröder

Strani v okviru teme:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(ji) za ta forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: On a 1-10 scale rate your current satisfaction with the translation industry

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »